We are proud of our strong PTA presence and appreciate all that our parents do to make Edith Bowen Laboratory School exceptional. The PTA is open to any parent! We provide a variety of opportunities for parents to help their children and their school, for as much or as little time that they want to be involved. PTA parents can serve as classroom volunteers, committee members (serving in specific roles or helping to plan PTA activities), or in PTA leadership. Please email
firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, suggestions, or for volunteer opportunities.
PTA meetings: We meet on the first Wednesday of every month at 8:30 AM in the EBLS faculty room. Meetings are also broadcast on Zoom. Look for the Zoom link and agenda in ParentSquare communications.
We encourage parents to attend! If you want to be included on the agenda, please contact email@example.com (current PTA secretary).
Calendar: PTA is using the ParentSquare app for the calendar and other PTA communication. Please note that the full monthly calendar for ParentSqaure can be viewed in the desktop version of the app.
This year we are logging all the PTA Volunteer time through the Parent Square app. How to submit volunteer hours:
- In Parent Square select "More"
- Scroll down in the options to Volunteer Hours
- Then you select the "+" to add your hours
- You select the Month, then select "SCHOOL EVENT/ACTIVITY" as the type of volunteering you gave for ANY PTA hours you gave, last you select the number of hours you gave in that month
- The app automatically links your name to the hour(s) you enter
If you would like to know more about becoming a PTA member for EBLS, please contact Elisha Helpingstine (current PTA President) firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership is $10.00 per adult ($20.00 if two adults join in one family). Please join or support our PTA by visiting the following link from memberhub: https://ebls.new.memberhub.store/store or scan our QR code.
Other ways to support your school
Memberhub Givebacks: Shop for products and services designed to help you raise a happy, healthy family and keep your kids learning & safely entertained from home. We think this is an exciting new way to support our school and get family products and services at a discount. Check out our e-store: https://ebls.new.memberhub.store/store?category=Sponsors. Here is how it works:
- You shop and get special savings on family offers through our givebacks program.
- Our PTA receives a passive donation from your purchase - up to 20% of ALL sales go back to our PTA
- We can then help fund programs in our school supporting our families.
If you own a business and you are interested in doing an offer in our PTA e-store, please let us know! We want to include your business.
Box Tops for Education
No more trimming the tops of your granola bar boxes! It is now online. All you need is your phone and your receipt. Download the Box Tops app, shop as you normally would, then use the app to scan your store receipt within 14 days of purchase. The app will identify Box Tops products on your receipt and automatically credit your school’s earnings online. Twice a year, EBLS will receive a check and can use that cash to buy whatever it needs!
Go to https://www.boxtops4education.com/ for more information. The app is available on Google Play or the Apple App Store.
- From the website: Click on Submit Box Tops
- Click “Join Free” to register.
- In the “Find Your School” section, enter Edith Bowen Laboratory School, then “select this school”
- Enter your email and other information.
AmazonSmile is a simple way for you to support EBLS, every time you shop on amazon. When you shop at AmazonSmile, 0.5% of your eligible purchases will be donated to EBLS!
- Go to amazon.com on your web browser or activate AmazonSmile on your amazon app for iOS and Android phones.
- You will be prompted for your charity. Look for “PTA Utah Congress Edith Bowen Elem PTA”.
Local grocery stores
Go to customer service at these stores and sign up to support your school while you shop:
- Lee’s – Money raised goes the EBLS school (not via PTA)
- Smith’s/Kroger - Money raised goes through PTA to EBLS school
EBLS PTA Traditions
- Summer Reading reward: Each fall, as school begins, PTA helps reward students in grades 1-6 who complete a reading chart over the summer
- Little Blue Stampede: We celebrate students of the month with a little flair with the Little Blue Stampede. Teachers select students to be celebrated and parents are notified by the PTA Stampede chair. The Stampede occurs just before school is released once a month and parents can join in the celebration. Selected students are cheered on by all students and teachers as the run a lap around the courtyard or hallways (depeiding on conditions).
- Reflections: Reflections is a National PTA activity where students reflect on a common theme and create original works of art in the categories of Dance Choreography, Film Production, Literature, Music Composition, Photography, 2D Visual Arts, and 3D Visual Arts. The Reflections Theme for 2021-2022 is "I will change the world by. . .".
- Spelling Bee: EBLS participates in the Annual Unified Charter Spelling Bee, co-sponsored by the Herald Journal with winners going on to the Scripps National Spelling Bee.
- Red Ribbon Week: EBLS participates in the national Red Ribbon Week.
- Carnival: Carnival is a fun PTA EBLS tradition, typically offered in the evening close to the beginning of the school year. Stay tuned for more information.
- Pool party: Typically, the PTA hosts a school pool party. This year is is scheduled for August 26th at the Logan Aquatic Center.
- One Book One School: The school all reads the same book each year and participates in a PTA sponsored activity to celebrate and emphasize the meaning of the book.
- Books with Buddies: On specified mornings, a family member can come to school early to read with their student and get some morning treats.
- EBLS T-shirts: EBLS PTA creates and sells EBLS-themed T-shirts – this is not a fundraiser, just an opportunity for students and parents to show EBLS pride.
- Science Fair: Each year students from grades K-6 participate in a student-centered science fair. For registration and project information, see the EBLS Science Fair Website.
- Supporting our teachers: We support EBLS teachers through activities like bringing dinner to our teachers on the nights they stay late for parent-teacher (SEP) conferences.
- Service projects: In recent years, we have supported families in our community through Holiday meal baskets. Prior projects included collaborating with Cache Valley for Hope and delivering turkey dinners to families impacted by cancer.
- Photos: EBLS activites can be found on Facebook and Instagram (@edithbowenlaboratoryschool).
- Outdoor Education: PTA raises funds and awareness for the Ryker Dattage Outdoor Education Fund, which helps support EBLS families in attending outdoor experiential learning opportunities, such as Teton Science School and the San Juan River experience, regardless of their family’s financial standing.
One Little Tree
PTA members wrote and illustrated a book, called One Little Tree. All money from book sales goes to the Ryker Dattage fund for outdoor education. If you are interested in soft-cover printed copies of the book, we can still print and sell this book for a low cost. Contact the PTA president. If you want a Kindle or e-book version, click HERE. A recording of the book is available HERE.
PTA Leadership and committee chairs for 2021-2022
For information on PTA chairs (positions, contact information), contact Shawn.
Elected Officer Positions
- Assist President with duties
- Come to all meetings
- Prepare agenda
- Participate in monthly training with President
- Assist with Fall Carnival
- Help organize the Nominating Committee
- Work to fill next year’s board positions.
- Maintain Current Bylaws
- Commit to serving as next year’s PTA President
- Maintain membership records
- Help prepare meeting agenda
- Attend each board meeting
- Record and distribute minutes of Meetings
- Assist in correspondence with board members
- Write and file PTA Reports
- Keep all records
- Attend regular PTA meetings and give a monthly budget review
- Collect and keep accurate account of receipts and expenditures
- Help develop, distribute, and seek approval by general body for annual budget.
- Make authorized disbursements
- Co-sign and deposit checks
- Remit membership dues monthly to National and State PTA
- Help write annual financial report