We are proud of our strong PTA presence and appreciate all our parents do to make Edith Bowen Laboratory School exceptional. The PTA provides a variety of opportunities for parents to help out from home, as classroom volunteers, committee members, or in PTA leadership. Please email the PTA leadership with questions, suggestions, or for volunteer opportunities.
PTA Leadership 2017-2018
President: Kim Gibson firstname.lastname@example.org
President-Elect: Jenn Isom email@example.com
Secretary: Shelly Nazer firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Isabel Jensen email@example.com
Purpose of the PTA
The Edith Bowen PTA focuses on "cranking up" the learning opportunities for our kids and creating a caring parent community to plan opportunities for every child to succeed.
The purpose of the PTA is to:
• promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship
• raise the standards of home life
• bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate more intelligently in the education of children and youth
• develop between educators the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, social, and spiritual education
• The PTA supports faculty and staff in their efforts to build a place where our kids are excited to learn and can't wait to go to school!
Please complete the membership form below to sign up for the EBLS PTA--and make a difference in your child's educational experience.
If you'd prefer to print the membership form, click HERE.
Benefits of Joining the EBLS PTA
Quality Education: You have already demonstrated your commitment to your family by investing time and effort in choosing EBLS. Joining PTA is the next step to contribute to the quality of your child's (children's) education.
Add to Our Volunteer Hours: 7,000 -10,000 parent/family volunteer hours are donated via PTA activities each year. Let's try to top that this year!
Just Plain Fun! We need your ideas and energy to accurately represent the diversity of our school.
Got Issues? We've got access: PTA is our collective voice. We have a strong positive relationship with EBLS faculty and staff, meaning honest discussions towards win-win resolutions. So, if you need an ombudsman, we're there!
Tax Deductible: Your PTA membership, and any other donation to the school, is tax deductible.
- Assist President with duties
- Come to all meetings
- Prepare agenda
- Participate in monthly training with President
- Assist with Fall Carnival
- Help organize the Nominating Committee
- Work to fill next year’s board positions.
- Commit to serving as next year’s PTA President
- Maintain membership records
- Help prepare meeting agenda
- Attend each board meeting
- Record and distribute minutes of Meetings
- Assist in correspondence with board members
- Write and file PTA Reports
- Maintain Current Bylaws
- Keep all records
- Attend regular PTA meetings and give a monthly budget review
- Collect and keep accurate account of receipts and expenditures
- Help develop, distribute, and seek approval by general body for annual budget.
- Make authorized disbursements
- Co-sign and deposit checks
- Remit membership dues monthly to National and State PTA
- Help write annual financial report
2017-2018 PTA Volunteers:
Historian: JaNiel Parker
Membership: Kristin Smith
Room Parent Chair: Terra Stanko
Fall Carnival Chair: Johanna Stewart
Fall Carnival Chair: Jenny Willmore
Fall Carnival Co-Chair: Stephany Jenkins
Fall Carnival Co-Chair: Tina McComber
Reflections Chair: Nicole Williams (Co-Chair: Kathy Beutler)
One Book One School Chair: Lisa Anderson
One Book One School Co-Chair: Elisha Helpingstine
Red Ribbon Week Chair: Teri Christensen
Science Fair Chairs: Julie Latvakoski and Jen Patel
Spelling Bee Chair: Ann Reese
Box Tops Chair: Kathy Beutler
Teacher Appreciation Co-chair: Jen Patel
Teacher Appreciation Co-chair: Wendy Hull
Fun Run Chair: Summer Schaefer
Summer Reading: Lisa Anderson